Monday, June 4, 2007

Ovals

We headed out early this morning to drop off a climber at Liz's house. Linda and Ethan (20 months) played for about an hour. Then we headed off to playgroup. Linda had a great time as usual. She loves being around other kids.

After her nap we headed to the Friend's school used book sale. We hit the jackpot there. I bought a box of books for $8.25. I just told them to keep the extra $1.75. I got books for .25 cents a book. I was wishing I would have remembered about it earlier and hit it this morning. On the way to the book sale Linda was in her car seat. We practice our alphabet and numbers a lot in the car. It is a nice way to keep talking to her and keep her busy. I started saying the alphabet. I said A, she said B. So I said B. She said C, I said C. She said D, I said D. Then I had to take over again until J. When I said J she said K. She then said P, so I had to reel her back to L. After P, I said RST for her. She then said U,V, W (she calls it double, and doesn't say the U part of double U. It is so cute), X,Y,Z. I thought she did pretty darn good for 14 months old (15 months on the 9th).

Tonight we were doing some puzzles. We had finished and I was doing something in the kitchen. She brought out the puzzle. I asked her to put it back. In the process of her putting it back, of course, she spilled it all over the floor. I told her it was time to clean up the puzzle. It was a shape puzzle. I peeked at her and she put the star in the correct place. She then came out into the kitchen holding the oval and said oval. I couldn't believe it. She also said the word puzzle very well tonight. Before she would just do the zzzz sound of the word. But tonight she said the whole word correctly.

She is in dream land now, which is where I'm headed!

No comments: