Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Clouds

We stopped at a thrift store today for the first time in months people. I came out w/$5 less dollars in my pocket, but w/the Leap Frog Learning Phonics Bus for $1.50! (This is not the LeapFrog Fridge Phonics we are dying to have.) I also got her a cute doll. She saw the doll and was saying doll! doll! It was cute. After the thrift store we went to Mt. Trashmore park. We pulled up and she as usual said park. It is so sweet when she says it. She gets so excited.

After that we went to Silver Diner w/one of our playgroups for lunch. Miss Mary came also. Linda says Mary every time she sees her. Sometimes she says Tiny (pronounce like T knee). That is one of Mary's nicknames from her family. Lunch was good and we came home and took a nap.

After nap, Liz and Ethan came over to swim. Aunt Lynn came over too. It was fun to have them over. Linda gets excited when she sees Liz and Ethan, and Aunt Lynn too. While we were waiting for Liz and Ethan, we decided to go outside to play. We went out the door, down the step, and Linda looked up in the sky and said clouds! She was so excited to see them. I didn't know she knew what clouds were. I have shown her pictures of clouds, but nothing to the effect of other stuff. It was so cute to see her excited. We walked around and she named some of the stuff she was seeing. That is cute when she does that too. She bent down and touched the grass and said grass. She said tree and flower, and chalk (she LOVES her sidewalk chalk) and slide and a bunch of other stuff. After Liz and Ethan left we went outside and played the rest of the day until dinner.

She did really good w/her attitude today. If she shows any little sign of it, I tell her it is unacceptable. She didn't give me much attitude today. She was real good at meal time too. She still enjoys eating and eats almost everything. But she will get choosy if there is more than one thing on her plate. I have been telling her that she can't fill up on one item. I tell her for example she needs to eat a bite of strawberry and then a bite of banana. She can't fill up on banana. At first she protested, and I said ok then you can sit there and not eat anything. She caught on. The last two days she has been very good about eating what I give her at a given time.

Tom is reading her books right now. She just said leopard when Tom pointed to a leopard and asked what it was. She also says penguin, koala, whale, crab, seal, snake, rhino, hippo, meercat, butterfly when he points and asked about them. Those are just a VERY SMALL number of animals this child knows by name. I knew she knew what a penguin was, but I hadn't heard her say it. I didn't know she knew what a leopard was. Amazing isn't she??

Tom has to go back out for a closing tonight, so I better go and put Linda to bed.

No comments: