Friday, June 8, 2007

Hot Hot Hot Day

It was stinking hot today. We took our walk in the morning. After that we got ready to go to playgroup. Linda said poop so I put her on the potty. She went pee on the potty. Then we went to an indoor play place called Birdies. She loves that place. Then she took her nap. When she woke up I was messing around in her room trying to get it clean. So I put some toys in her crib and vaccumed. I had some baby einstein flash cards w/animals on them. There are 32 cards in the pack. I showed all of them to Linda. She correctly named by name 28 of the 32 cards. I previously guessed her vocab to be 75-100. Maybe that is underestimated. I know she knows more animals by name than that alone. Not to mention all the other words. We were at subway today for lunch. She put her hand on the cold bottle of water and said "cold". When stuff like that pops out of her mouth it is just unbelievable to me. She has such an understanding of things already. I can tell her to open or close a door and she knows. Tom was in the bathroom and he opened the cupboard. She looked at him and said closed. I say to her to keep the cupboard closed. She was telling Tom to keep it closed. Too funny. Her attitude is getting better I think. We are having less issues each day. I tell her she needs to have a good attitude, b/c I don't want that word to have a negative meaning for her. So she looks at me and says "attitude." She has also gotten pretty good at saying "helicopter." She is reasoning so good. She knows what empty means. She took an empty box of crackers and looked in and said "crackers empty" She says "crackers" so good to. She really like crackers, but doesn't get them as much as she wants them. We did get some swimming in this afternoon. She did really good in the pool. We had Judy, Laurie, Rachel, and Liz over w/their children. It was fun. Well she is almost ready for bed, so I'll close. Thanks for reading!

No comments: