Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Could She Be Any Cuter?

I just got off the phone w/Aunt Deb. She politely reminded me it has been a few days since I blogged. My apologies to all who religiously follow Linda's Life (although I'm not convinced there are many of you out there!)

We started our day w/a nice walk. I have been trying to go in the mornings now w/the dogs. Since summer is here, that is about the only time I can go and not roast the dogs. We were walking and Linda saw a jogger go by. She said "run." Of course I was amazed at her. I had showed her the difference between walking and running and obviously she caught on. It is cute when she gets up now in the morning b/c sometimes she will say "walk." She likes to go on the walks and tell me all the things she is seeing.

After our walk we headed off to playgroup. We were making Father's Day crafts at the park. Linda had her first chance at painting. Let's just say we went right from playgroup directly to the bathtub. I didn't mind her getting all messy though. She had a great time. I know Tom reads this blog, so I can't reveal what the finished product is. She sat at the table and I would ask her what color she wanted to use. She would tell me what color she wanted. It was so cute. Sometimes she gets excited about colors and shouts them out. That is cute too.

Yesterday we went to Norfolk Botanical Gardens w/my dad. We had another great time there. I really do love that place. The weather was perfect. Linda ventured into the water a little further this time. We left the children's garden a little early and walked around the gardens. We parked the stroller in a grove of trees. Linda saw a goose and said "goose honk honk" I didn't even see the goose until she mentioned it. It is quite impressive that she names animals by name instead of their animal sound. When she first started talking everything was the animal sound. But she soon abandoned that and began saying the animal name.

We got an awesome gift in the mail today. Anyone who has been following this blog knows we wanted the LeapFrog Fridge Phonics. Aunt Deb came thru big for us! It came while Linda was napping. I set it up. She came into the kitchen and saw it and said "ABC" She went up to it and started putting letters in there. She is able to maneuver the letters correctly. She was dancing to the little songs it plays. I knew she would like it! Thank you Aunt Deb!

Today she was in her car seat and we were coming home. I heard her say "happy" and she was smiling away. I thought that was so cute. I told her I was so glad she was happy, and that I was happy she was in my life. I'm not sure what I did to receive so many blessings from God.

No comments: