Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving





As you all know, this week was Thanksgiving. Linda's Aunt Debbie, Grandma, and Grandpa came down for the holiday. It was very nice to have everyone here. We went to Aunt Shannon's for Thanksgiving dinner. Linda had been practicing singing a Thanksgiving song, but didn't want to sing it w/everyone looking at her. Aunt Deb, Daddy, and Grandma went out for Black Friday. I never did get into black Friday, but being laid up I definitely wasn't going anywhere. Aunt Debbie and Grandpa left this morning to go back home. I still have Grandma here for another week to help me while I recover from reconstructive knee surgery. It's been so wonderful having Pat here. I am having a hard time mentally not being able to do things. I am just not the type to sit around.
Linda is doing great. She has enjoyed having family around. She warms up to them immediately, which is so nice since she doesn't seem them all that much. She has been reading words to Grandma, and of course Grandma is completely amazed. Pat is a teacher's assistant for a BK class. BK is for the immature kids who should be entering kindergarten. She said Linda literally knows so much more than her kids in that class. I knew Linda was pretty smart. She didn't really do too much reading for Aunt Debbie. So Deb didn't get to see her read. Still just doing words mainly. I'm hoping she will move more into books soon. It can take her several seconds to sound out a word and get it, so I can see how the reading comprehension in a book would be difficult. As she improves, and gets more sight words, I'm sure she will want to do books more. I am just so happy she is reading, that I'm not pushing it at all. She still gets really excited when she gets one right, and wants me to make a big deal out of it.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: