Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beautiful day at the gardens!

























































We went to the gardens today. What a pretty day it was. Did I mention how much we LOVE the gardens? The girls played in the fountains for a little while, and then we went off exploring. They added another little house in the arid section of the children's garden. It has a puppet show in there, along w/books and a couple other activities for the kids. We also saw the century plant getting ready to bloom. This plant blooms once every 100 yrs. After it blooms it dies. The plant is taller than me to begin with. I think the flower stalk goes up 25ft or so. I hope to see it bloom in the next couple weeks. Linda fell out of one of the trees she was climbing today. I guess she fell about 4ft or so. She just popped right back up and climbed it again. (It was the tree that we took pics from on our last trip and are in an earlier post on this blog.) Linda was also giving a dissertation to Ryleigh about the process of plants obtaining water from their roots, lol. It was cute to see her squatted down and pointing and trying to teach Ry. Linda is such a little leader. As usual, we had a great time. Ballet class starts tomorrow, busch gardens on Fri, and strawberry festival on Sat, so standby for many updates!









2 comments:

Amber Lynae said...

Today would be a perfect day at the gardens. I am sure you guys enjoyed it a lot. So you are going to Busch Gardens. I want to go sometime this summer. But my parents are going to be in town this weekend. You should let me know next time you go, maybe Briana and I can come too. (If you would like.)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if the roses were out! I think I'll take the kids this weekend.