Thursday, May 31, 2007

Shapes and the Beach

This morning I was checking my email. Linda was on the futon w/a book. She will open a book, and start reading to herself. Too cute. Anyway, I turned to watch her. The book she was reading was about shapes. I saw her point to a circle and say circle. Well of course I made the biggest deal in the world. She got so excited. Then I pointed to a triangle and I said what is that? Of course she said circle, and got all excited again. I calmed her down and said it was a triangle. She repeated me. I pointed to a star and asked her what that was and she said star. I knew she knew circle for a while, but she had never just looked at one, pointed to it and said circle before.

After her nap we went and picked up Miss Mary. Then we drove down to the beach. Linda doesn't like the sand and ocean, but she really enjoys the boardwalk. We talked about all the different things we were seeing (ocean, sand, railing, bicycles, strollers, dogs, hotels, etc). She was particularly taken by the HUGE (34ft I think) of King Neptune. On that statue there are also fish, dolphins, turtles, octopus, starfish, lobster. So we talked about that too. She like to put her fingers in the lobster's pinchers.

After the beach we headed over to Fazoli's. We met Missy and Mike there for dinner. Linda enjoyed that, mainly b/c it involved food.

She is sound asleep now, so I'm going to head off to bed.

No comments: