Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Linda a Prodigy?

Today was a good day. Linda woke up at about 7:30. We made scrambled eggs and salmon sausage for breakfast. She also had some strawberries. It is so funny to hear a 14 month old say strawberry. Most of the time now she says it right.

We went to Mount Trashmore's Kid Cove. Linda had not been there since she first started walking. It is a pretty neat place. It is a huge wooden playground. There are a lot of little tunnels and things to explore. Linda took right off like she owned the place. She went up and down the stairs and all over. She enjoyed it a lot.

After her nap we went to Red Wing park. This is a nice park also, and closer to our house. They have a nice wooded area w/some playground equipment. This will be very nice in the heat of the summer. Linda walked over to the swing and said swing please. She is talking so good that many times I'll have her repeat a sentence after me. So I said Linda let's use your big girl words. She repeated "Mama, may I get up in the swing please." The lady swinging her little boy asked how old she was. She said wow she is talking really good. I said yeah, she is a girl, and girls like to talk. A few min later Linda was off the swing and walked up to the lady and hugged her legs. Linda was looking down at the lady's shoes. I asked Linda what color the shoes were. She said pink. The shoes were actually blue. Even though Linda got it wrong this lady was so impressed. Linda then correctly gave the color of her dress (it was yellow). I had her repeat some of her other colors. The lady said, what is she some kind of prodigy or something? I think she was serious. I didn't even have her repeat her 18 (she added tweet for a bird) animal sounds, or her 17 body parts, or her alphabet! Linda was swinging and looked up and saw some birds. She said "bird. Tweet" and then did the sign for bird. She will actually name the correct name of some of her animals, instead of seeing them and making the animal sound. I think that is amazing.

Linda was taking a bath. She takes her bath in her little bathtub in our bathroom. There is a window near by. Tom was outside working on the pool (which is fixed!!! it just needed to be backwashed). I called out to him. Next thing I know Linda is saying "Tooooooom" it was so cute.

I guess that is all for today. Tomorrow is a new day of learning for Linda. I'm so glad she likes to learn. I can't get over how smart she is.

No comments: