Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Linda visited the Strawberry Festival for the 2nd time. We went to see the parade. She was quite interested in most of the parade. The weather was beautiful. Grandpa came w/us, so Linda was very happy about that.

We went to dinner on Sat night at Subway. On the way to dinner I sat in the back seat. Linda had a full day and was acting sleepy. We didn't want her to fall asleep, so I sat back there. We were working on family member's names. She says Collin, but doesn't say it w/the Ls very well. Same thing w/Kelly. She says Tim pretty good. Then I said to Tom I don't think we have had her say Deb. So I told her to say Deb. The Ds and Bs are easier sounds to make. She said Deb perfectly. Then I said I bet she can say Debbie too. She said Debbie so cute. So we called Aunt Deb and Linda said Debbie over and over, which of course thrilled Aunt Deb.

This morning I was changing Linda's diaper and she reached up and grabbed her feet. She then moved to her toes and said toes. It was too cute. Another cute thing she is doing is reading to herself. I don't remember if I put that in a previous blog or not. She grabs a book, sits down and starts mumble jumble real fast. Then if she sees something she knows in the middle of her mumble jumble she'll say that word. This morning there is a book that says "do ladybugs have square spots? NO, ladybugs have round spots. Do cats have round ears? NO cats have triangle shaped ears. Do cars have star shaped wheels? NO, cars always have round wheels." She sat down opened the book and said "NOOOO" It was so cute.

Tom just took her to go downstairs and have breakfast. He is going to feed her some strawberries. He just asked her if she wanted strawberries. She said strawberry. It is so cute to hear her. Sometimes when she says strawberry it is only two syllables.

Looks like we are going to have to ease her into the pool. A few weeks ago we went to Norfolk Botanical Gardens. They have a children's garden w/a water area there. She was playing in the water, and it came up and nailed her in the face. Ever since then, she won't go near water. We went to a BBQ last night and they had a pool. I sat down w/her and let her feet dangle. She didn't start screaming, but she was trying to keep her feet out of the pool. So we have our work cut out for us.

I hope everyone's Holly-day weekend was a good one.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday weekend.
Love reading Linda's blog's
Love Pat

deb said...

I'm glad that she can say my name! It was nice to hear it on the phone too. Now she just has to put the name to a face!