Friday, May 25, 2007

A Day at the Park

Linda got up around 7:30 this morning. We called our friend Liz to meet us at the park. Before we leave the house now she always wants to say bye to Toby and Copper and give them both hugs and kisses. She can really say Toby and Copper well now. I'm glad we got "CoCo" on tape. As we were pulling up to the park, Linda looked out the window and could see the playground. She said "park, park, weeeeeeee, slide, swing, park" very excitedly. It was so cute. She is getting so much better at climbing the playground equip. She says she wants to slide, but once it comes time to slide, she doesn't seem to want to all the time. I brought my iPod, a ball, and bubbles. I told Linda we were going to do bubbles and she signed and said "bubbles". Well the bubble jar didn't give me a want, so that was a bust. We got home around 11:30. She ate lunch and went down for a nap.

When she got up, we called Miss Mary and asked her if she would like to meet us at another park. We stopped into Chic Fila for early dinner and then headed to the park. When we pulled into the park, she again said "park." We were there quite a long time. The weather was so nice.

We came home and played outside for about 25 min before we got ready for bed. Apparently Linda had enough of being outside the entire day. She walked up to the front door and said "side." She wanted to go inside. I complied b/c it was bedtime. I did tell her that when it is nice out we are outside, and the only reason we are going inside is it is bedtime (not that she understood any of that).

We had a snack right before bedtime. I was cutting some veggies up for her to eat. She was sitting at the table and I was standing at the counter. I hear her say "foot down". I turn around and she has her feet on the table. She had that look. She is getting to be a little stinker. I'm trying to keep her attitude in check. So far so good for the most part, but you can tell she is entering that stage.

No comments: