Tuesday, May 29, 2007

First Blood

Well, our Memorial Day weekend was pretty nice. Tom tried to open the pool and found out it was messed up, again. So that stunk. We went to a BBQ at our neighbor Judy, Paul and Emmas house. Emma took her first steps while we were there. Very exciting. Then Aunt Lynn came over and visited for a few minutes. Then came the injury. It was time to clean up the yard and go inside. I took Linda by the hand and led her to a toy I wanted her to clean up. She took a step when I let go, didn't have her hands under her, and fell. She smacked her face on the concrete. It sounded really bad. I knew it hurt really bad too, just from the way it sounded. Normally I don't pick her up when she gets injured. I just wait and see if she needs me. Well I grabbed her fast this time. I knew she was hurting bad. I put her on my shoulder and asked Tom to look and see if there was any blood. He said "oh yeah, it's bleeding a lot." It was coming from her mouth. I had Tom grab a towel, and we put it up to her mouth. The amazing thing is this child stopped crying after about 45 seconds. I can't believe how tough she is. I asked Tom if her teeth were chipped/missing. He said he thought a tooth was chipped. Turns out it was just the blood in her mouth covering up the tooth. It was funny to see her taste her blood. She made a face. Finally we have found something she doesn't like to eat?? So it was all over pretty quick. She has a small mark on her chin. Her lip looks fine. It's amazing how fast they heal. One of my other friends has a small child too. When her kid falls, she has her say "I'm tough." I started doing that w/Linda. I think that is a cute idea. Most of the time I just ignore her or clap for her when she gets hurt. Her legs are all sorts of scratched up and boo boos all over. She never cries about them. Maybe she knows I'd ignore her anyway.

No comments: