Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Little Sportster

Today was a beautiful day in Virginia Beach. Linda got up around 7am. We had our playgroup date at the park today. It was "balls and bubbles." Linda brought her soccer ball. We got her a soccer ball b/c the child will kick any ball she sees. She kicked all the balls today too, even the tennis balls. She also enjoyed the bubbles, but not as much as the balls.

While at the park there were some ladies w/the group Stroller Strides. They are an exercising group. There were three ladies hopping across the parking lot on one leg. I looked over at Linda and she was attempting to hop. It is amazing how much she copies everything. I think they learn a lot from copying.

Alice, our three year old neighbor, came over this evening to play. I got the tee ball set out that Tom got for Linda. Alice was having a blast hitting the balls. Linda would go get the balls she hit and put it back on the tee for Alice. Alice was done playing and started playing on the slide. The bat was about 15 ft from the tee. Linda started walking over to the tee. I told her to get the bat. She kind of looked at me like she didn't know what I wanted. I told her to turn around. She turned around. I told her to go get the yellow bat. It is neat that she is learning her colors. Even though she didn't know what a bat was (she knows now, and says it) she knew the color yellow and knew I wanted her to get that and bring it to me. Alice then asked me to get another toy for her. When I turned around, I saw Linda putting the ball on the tee. She then bent down, picked up the bat, and hit the ball w/the bat. Not only did she hit the ball and not just the tee part, but she held the bat the right way! It was so cute. That bat is about as big as she is. She is so smart. She knew just how to do it after watching Alice.

One of her favorite activities is playing w/sidewalk chalk (which of course Daddy bought her some). When she was 11 months old, she took a piece of sidewalk chalk and started making marks on the sidewalk. I was amazed she was doing this at that age. Then I realized she must have seen one of the other kids doing it so she started to do it. It is kind of scary, b/c you really need to watch what you do and say around her.

Speaking of what you say, my next door neighbor Judy came home after being gone all day. She went over to get her 12 month old daughter Emma. I said to Linda, "Look at Emma. She is so happy to see her mom." Linda immediately said "happy." So I repeated the word happy several times and she said happy. Her little voice is so cute.

Well I guess that is all for today. American Idol finale is on. I probably watch the last ten minutes of it to see who won. Go Jordan!

1 comment:

deb said...

I love the blog! I can't wait to see her again and all the wonderful things that she's doing! Thanks for the updates :)