Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Imagination











Can you guess what we had for dinner last night? Amber and Val were VERY gracious, and made a VERY yummy meal for us. They felt sorry for me b/c Pat left, Tom is gone, and I'm laid up, lol. It was greatly appreciated.
Linda's imagination is in overdrive. The child is incredible. Last night when we were eating our spaghetti she told me there were a bunch of worms in her bowl. She pretends about everything. She comes to me w/a crayon and pretends to paint my hand. We were taking a mini walk and she was on a tree stump. She told me to take a picture. I told her I didn't have my camera. She pulls out a pretend camera and hands it to me. I took her picture and she asked me to look at it, like it was a digital camera. Tonight at Shannon's she was helping make cookies, and each ball of cookie dough was some sort of animal. It just goes on and on. She is quite amazing.
She can read many of the flash cards we have now. Most of them aren't sight words, she sounds them out. So I got out the little pen toy she has where you can write and erase. I've been writing new words for her to sound out. She likes to take the toy and write some letters, and have me sound them out. She wrote the word "it" the other day, but I think it may have been by accident. Most of the time she writes letters that aren't readable, or random letters w/no vowels. So her reading is coming along though. She still doesn't like to read a book. I can't say I blame her. She is in the beginning stages of her reading obviously, so it may take her 30 seconds to read a word. By the time she gets two words read, she probably has forgotten the other words to comprehend them. But her love of books is very strong, so I suspect when she is reading better she will want to read books as well. I'm just crazy happy she wants to read, and asks to do words.
She is so amazing. Everything about her is fun and smart and happy and loving. She is my greatest joy. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family, including a loving husband.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet...bowl of worms...yummy!

Tom said...

Ohhh How i miss you guys...cant wait until this weekend.