Wednesday, July 15, 2009


We went to our local state park this afternoon for a little program. I didn't know what to expect since this was our first time attending a state park program. They talked about different skulls of animals found in the park. They also did a really cute turtle craft. It wasn't nearly as interesting as the city park program, but it was fun. The first couple of pics are Linda very excited about the caterpillars they found on the hike after the craft. There must have been 20 caterpillars in this tiny area of the path. They were grey w/really long hair. Linda was in heaven, lol.







The one pic I thought was a pretty pic of the swamp area off the boardwalk. The other is a cute pic of Linda and Ryleigh.





This is a pic of a red bellied water snake. I know this b/c we saw the snake while finishing up the craft. I was somewhat alarmed b/c of the size of the snake. It was HUGE. The park ranger said she sees this snake frequently. I told the ranger the story of Linda picking up the live snake almost a year ago and bringing it into my house. Linda took a step toward this snake too, and I reminded her that we don't pick up snakes in the wild!!!!!!!






The rest of these pics are the girls doing the craft and being shown the skulls. They had a great time as usual and learned a lot.













3 comments:

Annelise & Ethan said...

Is this at First Landing? I love First Landing but I have seen quite a few snakes out there :( What age kids can come to these programs and are there any fees?

Looks like the kids had fun :)

Amber Lynae said...

Linda is such a nature girl, that is so fun. But snakes.... I REALLY hate snakes. I think I would have had a freak out.

Holly said...

Yupp it's First Landing. There was no fee except the parking fee. There are a ton of snakes there in the summer. It makes me nervous b/c some are cotton mouths, and Linda likes snakes.

Amber, you would've been fine! lol!