Thursday, October 29, 2009

My kid is really cool

Can I just say that I absolutely adore my child? and that I feel so enormously blessed to be able to stay home w/her? She really is a cool kid. Today was just one of those days you look back on and realize how blessed you are. She is so kind (most of the time, lol) and is really blossoming into a nice little girl. We were at dinner and she was eating some baked chicken thigh. She picked up the whole thing and started eating it. Well it completely reminded me of my mother. My mother could really tear into a piece of chicken. I said to Linda, "You really remind me of your Grandma McGuire sometimes." Linda said spontaneously, "I love her." Of course the tears began to flow. Linda asked why I was crying, so I told her. She was just being so sensitive. Then she says to me, "I really have enjoyed this dinner." It was so cute. I could tell she enjoyed it b/c she ate and ate and ate! It is just so cute the way her little brain works. she also asked me at dinner out of the blue what ostriches like to eat. I told her I didn't know, and that we would look it up after dinner. So we did. In case you were wondering, ostriches like to eat mainly plants, but occasionally they will eat a small animal. They also eat sand. Linda told me when she sees an ostrich, she will give them some sand. We were working on our reading tonight as well. It is amazing to see how far she has come w/her reading! One place she likes to go to read is online at starfall.com. One book we were working on tonight is toward the bottom of the page (they get harder the farther down the page) It is called My Horse Glory. I really thought it would be too hard for her, but she wanted to try it. We didn't get all the way thru, but this is what we read in the book. She did need some help w/words in this book. I'll put a * after any words she needed help with. here it is as far as we got: My name is Tory*. I live on a farm. I have a horse. Her name is Glory* (the y at the end of Tory and Glory messed her up). Glory plays in her corral*. I forgot to close the gate and Glory got out*. I had to find her! that is as far as we got in that book. I peeked ahead and saw the rest of the book. She will need help w/some of the other words too. I guess that is all I have to say about her tonight. It was just one of those nights where you really realize you have a very special little girl! P.S. I tried to separate this post into paragraphs, but blogspot wouldn't let me, so sorry about that if you read all the way to the end!

No comments: