Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's Almost Halloween

Linda is going to be a cat this year, thanks to our friend Kristen, who gave her a costume. Linda went to a halloween party yesterday at JW Tumbles. It cost $5, and it benefited Make a Wish Foundation. She was able to use their gym and play. Of course she loved that. I turned around to find her 1/2 way up their rock wall. She also got her hand painted. She chose a blue pumpkin to be painted on her hand.


She has been reading in a couple books more now. I'll point my finger at the word and she will read it. Today before nap she said to me, "you aren't reading these words, I am." So I think she may start to like reading the books herself more. Last night she was reading the sentence, "some kids dance, and some kids sing." She saw the word sing and said "dog." For some reason if she sees a word w/a g in it, she will assume it's the word dog. So I took a second to try to explain how sentences in a book need to make sense. They just aren't random words. And we repeated the sentence to say, "some kids dance, and some kids dog." Hopefully she could see (which I think she might be too young for this) that "some kids dog" doesn't make sense. After we determined the word wasn't dog, she sounded it out and was able to read the word sing. when she is reading words in the books herself, she does get distracted easily, so we just do a page or two at a time.

We have a halloween party tonight we are attending, so I hope to get a picture of her in her costume up here.

No comments: